Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TRIP TO CALIF. THE UNPLANNED EVENT

Danga Bay





As you faithful readers know it had been three years since our last visit to the land of plenty and we had lots of things planned to do. One was a doctors visit and check-up for Jerry's hip that was replaced back in the dark ages of 1998. Looking at the x-ray the doctor said everything looked fine BUT what about this left one. So I admitted to the lack of mobility and pain that I now had in the left hip, the doctor said "I can fix that". A decision was made and eight days later I went back under the knife.





They now use a more frontal approach and super glued the incision.





Not long after surgery and a visit from Kathy. I'm a happy camper even without the morphine that I got last time.




Six hours post op and they have me up and walking with the carrot of being able to be discharged the next day.
Out of the hospital and back at Debbie Jo's house for recovery. Notice the nice socks!! As I had had similar surgery 13 years ago I could really tell a great difference in technique. Last time it was four days in the hospital, this time only 30 hours. In one week I was at the same stage that it took almost a month to reach. So now almost 8 weeks later I'm back on the boat in Malaysia and busy with all the various projects that are required.









As I said earlier it had been three years sinc our visit to the land of plenty and we felt that it was our duty to help the sagging economy. We had a list of items from boat parts to linens and whatever might fall in between.
Just the begining of the things to come.







Three of our clocks had failed over the years but thanks to a lifetime warrenty were replaced.



More Stuff








I hate to think of the dollar amount of what was brought back to the boat or the influence on the waterline as on returning I had two fifty pound bags though out done by Kathy and her three fifty pounders plus a carry on. Then of course we just received another box that was mailed. The upside is we now have plenty to keep us busy for awhile.

No comments: