Thursday, July 11, 2013

WORK

Pinoy Boat Yard
Port Carman , Phillipines

Here and working away. That at least goes for me as Kathy has abandoned ship to visit family and friends back in Southern California. She is set to return the end of the month and I am trying to the the jobs done that create the most mess.

 Currently our aft berth is filled with finished varnished items, the old cockpit cushions and whatever else I can stick in there. The v-berth which is in the process of a total re-do is also filled with more stuff. I'm not sure why we have so much stuff but we do and it's pretty much all necessary to our lifestyle and the work that needs to be done when in a boat yard. I say currently under re-do for the v-berth as I was waiting for materials to finish the new headliner and let our carpenter, Esmer, move on to work on another boat but he is soon to return. That of course is if I can finish the work in the main saloon so what is now stuffed in the v-berth can return to it's normal resting places.

In the main saloon/galley area our current worker Calvin and I are busy sanding, painting and varnishing. If only you did not have to allow drying time things would move much faster. So it's two coats of primer and three of finish, a minimum of five days so you may as well add another two and you can see that everything just takes time. I don't mind the rest periods but I need to keep Calvin busy. I pay the yard 550 Philippine Pesos per day which translates to about $13 US. Now he most likely only see's  400 pesos or about $10 US/day and he works hard !! We have been looking for a spot like this where labor is still inexpensive since we bought Po oino Roa almost 13 years ago and we are going to take advantage of it and get every bit of work done the we can afford before crossing the pacific back to the coast of California and Mexico.

Now to see if the photos will load!!!!!!

THE NEW CABINET, NOW FOR KATHY VTO BRING THE CATCHES
INSTEAD OF BLUE TAPE

Add caption









LOOK AT THAT SHINE NO MORE WHITE FORMICA
 
VARIOUS VARNISH PROJECTS








No comments: