Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SOMETHING FINISHED- THE V-BERTH

Pinoy Boat Yard
Port Carmen, Cebu
Philippines

Once again I have been negligent in my updates. I blame the slow internet connection here and it's inability to load the photos I keep taking. I'll also add Kathy being sick for the past ten days so I was chief cook and bottle washer. I have just managed to update the Hong Kong blog with a few photos and I'll try the same with this edition.

Since returning from our short trip lots has been happening here. I fired our sander/varnisher, I could not take his tardy daily arrivals and though his work was very good it was nothing that I could not also do. Finally the forward V-Berth renovation has been completed and gives the interior a whole new look. Of course on finishing, the area has once again been turned into a storage area.

Next has been the re-doing of some of the paint and varnish work in the galley area. It seems with this old boat and some of the plywood veneer construction that there is constant delamination for me to repair. Some of the gluing I had done did not hold up so it was back to removing layers of wood applying epoxy, filling and now painting once again. Never ending FUN!

Now with luck I'll send this off via sailmail and then be able to edit and add photos for your enjoyment

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com
BLUKHEAD AND DOOR PAINTED WHITE

WOOD PANELED SIDES

THE SHELVES HAVE BEEN RAISED

No comments: