Sunday, June 19, 2016

BACK TO WORK

Ocean View Marina
Samal Island, Davao
Mindanao, Philippines

I have finally managed to get back to doing the work necessary for us to leave the Philippines and head eastward to Palau. The incision on my knee has closed and once again I am doing the exercises for strengthening, bending and straightening. Trying to accomplish much work on the boat is tough when you can't kneel down.

For now I am alone on the boat as Kathy has returned to the states as her father passed away last week. Rest in Peace Ralph. I have a list and hopefully can get most all done before Kathy returns in mid July.

The last few days it was replacing the galley pressure water faucet. It also involved adding a new "Seagull IV" drinking water filer system, no more "tank" water taste. New drains and hold down studs to keep the sink in place.



THE ALL PURPOSE BUCKET FOR DISHES

THE OLD HOLD DOWN STUDS

NEW FAUCET

NEW STUDS

FINISHED AND NO LEAKS
Something crossed of the list, though to tell the truth I still need to install a new spout for the salt water foot pump but that is something I don't have in the spares locker.  Kathy will bring one back when she comes. While the sink cabinet was open I did also install a new freshwater foot pump.

Later today I was once again in the plumbing mode repairing the toilet in the aft head. I did not get it finished but there is always tomorrow.



 

No comments: