Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bright and Shiney Light

DANGA BAY 01° 28' 20.22" N 103° 43' 26.4"

OK, to you followers of the blog you may or most likely won't notice a position change but we're still here in Danga Bay marina. No we did not change slips but my "old" lifeguard buddy Mel Tubbs brought to my attention that I had made an error, possibly only the third of my life but I'll admit it. So if you use "google earth" and zoom in it shows the marina but their photo was taken at a time when we were not here.

There is now a shinning bright light light at the end of the tunnel. We will be moving shortly.

Today was very busy. First the portlights were finished. I got started working on another patch for our well used dinghy. Kathy helped with the clean-up of the bedding compound on the portlights and did her daily laundry. Remember she has no washing machine and laundry is done in a bucket then wrung out by hand and dried by "Mother Nature".

 As we're ready to leave it was time to clean the bottom of the boat. The good news, I have dove in worse conditions in my past life working for the Sheriff's Harbor patrol, but not many. Visibility was about ten inches and on getting out of the water I was covered with sea lice, thank God for a lycra skin suit. We do have some otters that live here in the area and at least I had no face to face expierences today. Having been here and not moving we had quite a large growth on the bottom. If in California I might have had to file an environmental impact statement but there are some nice things about emerging third world countries.

The next couple of days will be busy but soon we'll actually be "cruising" again.

No comments: