Tuesday, June 26, 2012

RUNNING AGAIN



Danga Bay Marina

I may not of been the speedest in engine work but after 18 days I finally suceeded in getting Miss Perky back together and running.  I had managed to install a new front oil seal, a rebuilt freshwater circulating pump, rebuilt raw water pump and another rear oil seal, yes the transmission and other assorted stuff on the rear of the engine had to be removed. Lots of gaskets were made and used, engine parts repainted etc. etc.. Finally time to turn the key and start. No, Miss Perky was a bit FUSSY!  I think she enjoyed being coddled over. I must have been spending to much time attempting to be a mechanic as I instantly recognized the problem. The "kill" switch needed to be readjusted, that done Miss Perky started and so far now with an hour or so time is purring along. No leaks so far!

I have now moved on to other items on the endless list but enough of that. Instead of reading about my endless jobs lets just take a look at some photos from the past.


LEAVING CALIFORNIA 2004

A FINE OLD DUDE

A DANCER IN A VANUATU VILLAGE

GOING THRU THE PANAMA CANAL 2001

FLYING SAILORS

A GOOD BEER, INDONESIA

WAHOO!! and BLUE CAT IS READY

HAPPY KIDS

PAINTING SOMEWHER IN THE SEA OF CORTEZ

DANCE LEADER MARQUESAS, FRENCH POLYNESIA
OK, since we originally left back in 1999 you can see that it has not all been boat work. As our old friend Butch Ditmer would say "lots of things I've seen and done but ain't never had to much fun".We're, along with a bit of work, trying!!

No comments: