Monday, August 6, 2012

MARINA IN TIOMAN


Once we got settled in the marina it was back to fix the problems that caused us to be here. Wednesday was busy! We had to remove one of the anchors then both sets of anchor rode before I could the crawl into the chain locker to remove the windlass motor. Meanwhile Kathy was kept busy either helping me or with cleaning and laundry.

We had been warned about plugging in to the dock power here as several boats had had their inboard wiring blown up. When I connected the hose to the water fawcett I had a nice tingle run through my hand. After that we used a rubber glove to turn the water on and off.

As this is mainly a rersort area early Thursday I was off on the ferry eighteen miles to Mersing on the mainland where I could find an auto electric shop to make repairs to the windlass motor. A shop was located and the motor was to be finished by 3 pm but as the last ferry left at 2 pm I came back to Tioman and would make the same trip again  the next day.

The ferries were not bad though crowded and not exactly timely. Both days my 7 am ferry departed about 7:45 and the return one was also late. I guess it's island time!!

We have now gotten the windlass working again at a repair cost of about $25 US. My transportation costs for ferries and taxi's about $80 US.

Next on our list is fuel and to finish preparing to make the passage to Borneo. Tioman is a duty free island so we have restocked with beer, rum and Kathy's scotch.


LAUNCH RAMP WITH "PO" IN THE BACKGROUND

THE MARINA WAS BUILT FOR 26 BOATS BUT THEY JUST JAM THEM IN

LOCAL ANCHOR
METAL HOOK WOOD SHAFT AND ROCK

FRUIT BATS

A FUEL DELIVERY

WHAT I GO THROUGH TO MAKE A WATER CONNECTION

OLD LOCAL BOATS IN THE RIVER BEHIND THE MARINA


No matter what we are enjoying our stay here even though we have yet to get to swim or snorkle in the surronding waters

1 comment:

Panama Steve said...

Hey Gang, Steve Yocom here. Thanks for the Pics. Different than 19yrs ago. Looks cool. That river with the boats in it looks unreal. Thanks again.